Saturday, August 8, 2009

May

Shae has been counting for a long time, but lately has been the first time that he can actually recognize which number is which. He lined up the numbers on the fridge in order by himself and then showed me how he counts while pointing and showed me how he counts with his fingers! I'm so proud of my little 3 year old!



Happy Birthday Mom!
Mom's Birthday is May 4th! I love my mom. She is always there for me! She is fun to hang out with, and is one of my very best friends! I couldn't ask for a better mom!
One night, Shaden was yelling for me, "Mom! Help! I stuck!"
When I got to his room, all I could see were his little legs hanging out from under his bed. He had crawled under to get a book that had fallen and was literally stuck! What can I say?! My kiddos have large craniums! :) I had to get a picture of his smooshed face under the before I relieved him! Ha ha ha!




Happy Mother's Day!
My boys are such a blessing! I am so thankful for them every day! I don't know what I would do without them! They bring so much laughter, love, kindness and humility into our home! Sometimes, I'm not the best mom... but I'm a mom, just the same! I'm trying to be better and I hope that I can raise my boys to become handsome, kind, faithful, strong, selfless, gentlemen! I love them so much!
Okay, so funny story about one of my "Mom" moments!!!
Don't you just love how when your children are small, they think you can do everything? They think you are super-mom! They think you are all powerful! They think you can do everything from fixing a boo-boo to turning on the sun.... literally!
The other morning it was a rainy day. The house was a little darker than usual because the sky was full of black rain clouds. When Shaden woke up, he asked me why it was dark. I told him it was a cloudy day. To which he told me, "Turn on the Sun, Mom." I tried to explain to him that I couldn't do that...to which he threw one of the biggest crying fits I have ever seen!
Oh how I wish I COULD turn on the sun for him!:)

These pics are of Mother's Day at my mom's house, in her beautiful blossoms!
She is a wonderful mom and Grandma. I love her so much and I think it's possible that my boys love her even more!



For my mom's card, I made her this little "Mother" scrapbook. I put pics of my mom and her girls in it. It turned out cute and it was fun to make!
I decided to make one for my little sister, Jodie, too! She's not quite a mom, but little Lucy will be here in just a few months!


Memorial Day
We had a BBQ at my mom and dad's house on Memorial Day. It was fun to hang out with Mont and Britt's fam! Shaden absolutely loves their boys and can't live without Graci!
It was a fun day!

Bees Game!
The boys liked the bees game. It was a little chilly but they didn't seem to care. They liked being outside and watching the action!
My new Adventure
So my friend Leah and I, have started a new business! Leah came up with the name and I designed the logo myself (pretty cute, huh?) We sell scrapbook kits. They are basically a two page layout all ready for you to put together and add your pictures. They make scrapbooking nice because you don't have to worry about the hassle of thinking up an original idea, traveling to the store and shopping for the products. Each 2-page coordinating layout comes with paper, embellishments, photo mats and titles, ready for you to assemble using a picture of the finished layout and directions as your guide.
We decide to jump right into the business world by doing a boutique first thing! We had 3 days to prepare and let me tell ya!!!! It was nuts!
We named our business "Up in the Night" because we usually scrap after the kids are asleep and because we are a little crazy! Well, the night before the boutique... we completely lost it! We truly were "up in the night!" Infact, we were up ALL NIGHT! We watched the sun come up... out my basement window as we cut and stuffed kits OVER AND OVER AND OVER! We really did start to go a little crazy and we were SO SICK of kits by the time we were done! (PS... thanks Melissa for coming over and staying up all night to help Leah and I!) It reminded me of FINALS when I was in college. My roommates and I would get serious and study, get frustrated and get mad.... and then completely go crazy and laugh our heads off.... that is what happens when you have to meet a deadline I guess!
Needless to say, we ended up surviving... with a Coke for breakfast! We made it to the boutique and did okay... considering the success of the boutique and the fact that it was our first time! Plus, it was fun because my sister, Jodie, sold her "KNOCKER BLOCKERS" there with us! :) She sells nursing covers and they are super cute and inexpensive!
The boys definately enjoyed the boutique! They got to kick back, do a little fishing and devour candy all day!
Oh and I just want to thank friends and family who stopped by for a little encouragement! We love you!
You can buy our kits online at http://www.upinthenight.etsy.com/
C'mon... you know you want to! :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

It's about time you blog. I've been checkin to see if you have updated forever. This is the easiest way for me to keep in touch and I love hearing about your cute little family. It was great to hear from you. Don't worry, I'm sure you will get a girl eventually. I absolutely am loving her to pieces. You sound really busy. You are so creative. Keep in touch!! Good luck with all your projects! Love ya!

Ashley said...

My goodness Jaime! Thank you for the update! I thought you had died ;) I loved seeing you when we were in Utah! Sure miss ya!

Rach said...

Hey Jaime. This is Rachael (Lauritzen) Hawkins, from GHA/ Ambassadors. What the heck?! I don't know HOW I came across your blog, but I am so glad I did! I haven't seen you in FOREVER, but let me tell you, you are still one of my most favorite people!! That seems like forever ago that we were at GHA. It's crazy how life changes!!! You look the exact same!! Still Beautiful!! It was good to "see" you!