Okay... so wondering where we have been? Here's my personal nightmare. If you are a picture taker and/or scrapbooker, I know you'll sympathize. My cute little boy tripped on the cord to my external hard drive, knocking it to the floor... breaking it. Then, we (the smart adults) kept turning it on, trying to get it to work. Little did we know.... we were scratching and DESTROYING everything on the discs inside. My sweet uncle took it to work with him, trying to recover it... but it was destroyed beyond repair. Needless to say... I lost everything that happened in the past year. PICTURES, VIDEOS, all my digital stuff, my wedding announcement stuff, address list, personal files etc. etc. etc. After crying for a couple hours.... I just wanted to spread a little wisdom that you've all heard before.... BACK UP ALL YOUR PICTURES!!!!
So, this next part is a little cheesey, but, we were praying that our hard drive would be fixed, every night. Although, that didn't happen... our prayers have been answered in various ways. We discovered that our new little guy's birth was on Bryan's computer, family had pictures to share with us. I found a folder on my computer that had Easter on it, I also discovered a memory card that we hadn't deleted that had my baby's first week of life on it and my dear friend who had taken baby and family pictures for us, still had them saved on her computer! These little happenings and many more have made me feel very blessed. I'm still just sick about all that I lost.... but thankful for answered prayers!
PS. Since I lost my address list... I was just thinking, if you'd like a Christmas Card this year... I most likely don't have your address... so please email them to me asap at jaime_colemere@yahoo.com
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh my stomach is sick for you! Oh Jaime...
Jamie.. Just wanted to let you know that I follow your blog. I love it. I am so sorry about your hard drive. Thanks for the advice..I store a lot of stuff online which has worked out well. See you soon.
Post a Comment