Friday, September 5, 2008

"Me Do It! Me Do It!!!"

Shaden is 2 1/2... which means that he HAS TO DO EVERYTHING HIMSELF! He decided to wear his "Buzz" vest (thanks Leah and Carter) the other day but insisted that I not help him! Every time I tried, I was refused with a "Me do it!"
It took awhile, but in the end it was worth it!


Later that night, I said, "Shae! Go get your jammies on!" This was the result! Don't worry that he forgot to take his shirt off, that it's on backwards or that both his legs are in one hole! He was so proud! I love my funny boy!

11 comments:

LTC said...

Isn't it a fun age? It usually ends up making me about 10 minutes later than I would have been to begin with! haha

Leah said...

I guess he'll learn you have to put the hood on last...He really looks handsome in his Buzz stuff, even if they are on backwards and inside out. Lydia does the same thing....and says the same thing - "Do it myself!" She insists on hooking up her own safety belt on the high chair.

lindsey hill said...

Hey Jaime, this is Lindsey Beckstrand, I am so glad that I found your blog, I thought katie might have it on hers. But anyways your family is adorable!!! So was it way hard going from one to two?? Anyways my blog is bunkeranddizz.blogspot.com
hope to talk to you soon
lindsey

The Staples Fam said...

I think you should let him dress himself every day. Really. How could he look any cooler. I love my little Shae Shae. Tell him to "tall me"

Snarr Family said...

I love it!! He is such a doll. I totally love this age. I can't wait to get the four boys together in the future. Hope you guys are doing well. Chaney

Mollie said...

What a cutie! I love when they learn their independence, but oh can it be frustrating!

Raquel said...

Your kids are so cute! This one made me laugh out loud! It's good to see you and your family and I hope you have a Happy Birthday!

LTC said...

Happy birthday Jaim!

LTC said...

Okay...super weird and random...just I was looking at Jami's blog and saw that she knows my college roomie, Rachel...and then I just saw that Raquel has a blog and that hangs with that same group in Chicago! SUPER SUPER SMALL WORLD!

Melissa and Mike said...

Ha,ha, Kenna does the same thing, I sooo need to do the pic thing though, way cute! I totally love the way they look when they're finished too, so PROUD!! Or when the item gets stuck and they're soo frustrated, I feel bad, but it makes me laugh, gotta love "most" of the things they do at this age! =0)

MY KIDS, MY LIFE, OUR STORY! said...

Jaime,
I am so glad you found my blog. I was laughing so hard when I read this post because Paislee does the same thing. Big kids!!! Your family is adorable. Keep in touch!
Amanda